Neuro feed back Integration, in the context of ketamine, refers to the process of making sense of and incorporating the experiences and insights gained during a psychedelic session into one’s daily life. It involves reflecting on the psychedelic experience, understanding its significance, and applying the newfound perspectives and lessons to foster personal growth and positive changes.
After a psychedelic session, individuals often report a range of experiences, including heightened emotions, altered perceptions, spiritual or mystical experiences, and increased introspection. These experiences can be profound and transformative, leading to shifts in perspectives, attitudes, and behaviors. However, to fully benefit from the insights gained during the psychedelic experience, it is essential to engage in the integration process.
The integration process typically involves several key elements:
- Reflection: Taking time to reflect on the psychedelic experience and its impact on thoughts, feelings, and perceptions. This reflection can help individuals gain deeper insights into their personal experiences and understand the significance of certain emotions or realizations.
- Journaling: Keeping a journal to record thoughts and reflections from the psychedelic experience can be a valuable tool for integration. Writing down thoughts, emotions, and key insights can help solidify and remember the experience.
- Discussion with a Therapist or Guide: For individuals who have participated in psychedelic-assisted therapy, discussing the experience with the therapist or guide can be essential for processing and integrating the insights gained during the session. Our clinic, in particular, has in-house Integration therapy in the form of Talk Therapy, Somatic Experiencing Therapy, Neurofeedback, and Primal Reflex Release Technique, all of which can be incredibly helpful in one’s integration of their experiences here at RKC.
- Supportive Community: Engaging with a supportive community of like-minded individuals who have had similar experiences can provide validation and understanding. Support groups or integration circles offer a safe space for sharing and learning from others’ experiences. We offer a completely free integration group every Friday morning for anyone who has gone through even just one of our ketamine treatments here.
- Mindfulness and Self-Care: Engaging in mindfulness practices and self-care activities can help individuals stay grounded and connected to the insights gained during the psychedelic experience.
- Setting Goals: Setting specific and achievable goals based on the insights gained during the psychedelic experience can help individuals incorporate positive changes into their daily lives.
It is essential to recognize that integration is a personal and ongoing process, and there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Some individuals may require more time for integration than others, and the nature of the psychedelic experience can also influence the complexity of the integration process.
While psychedelics can offer profound insights and therapeutic potential, integration is a critical part of the overall psychedelic experience. By actively engaging in the integration process, individuals can harness the transformative power of psychedelics to bring about lasting positive changes in their lives. For those seeking to work with psychedelics, it is essential to approach their use with caution, in a safe and legal context, and under the guidance of trained professionals.
Types of Integration Work that we offer:
Somatic Experiencing Therapy
Primal Reflex Release Technique